Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Macgowan to leave the SMMT

AFTER 9-years leading the Society of Motor Manufacturers & Traders, Christopher Macgowan is leaving the Society at the end of the year.
His decision to step down on 31 December was announced at an SMMT board meeting this morning.
"It will be business as usual for the next seven months and I intend to leave at the top of my game," commented Macgowan.
"It has been a privilege working for the industry in this crucial role and I have enjoyed every moment of my nine years with the Society.
"However, the fact is I have reached a point in my life where I want to do a number of different things, not just one full-on job. Being chief executive of the SMMT is arguably the best job in the industry, but it is also all-consuming. So come 1 January 2008, I am going plural."

DATED: 23.05.07

FEED: AW





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?