Friday, March 19, 2010

Sarah goes to great heights for BEN


Sarah goes to great heights for BEN


Sarah Sillars, Executive Chair of the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI), and her daughter Rachael have started training to climb Mount Kilimanjaro for BEN.

Sarah and Rachael will be taking on the challenge on 17 September 2010 and are hoping to raise £10,000 for the charity which provides care and support to people with a connection to the automotive and related industries in the UK and Ireland. Sarah became a board member of BEN in 2009 and has been Chief Executive of the IMI since 2002.

Speaking of her climb, Sarah said;
"I have been a huge fan of BEN for the last 10 years and it is the IMI's dedicated charity. Now that I have joined the BEN Board I thought I should put myself out of my comfort zone and try to raise some money for them. I like a challenge and there seemed a compelling case to trek Kilimanjaro - to show people that I really am prepared to go the extra mile for BEN.

"I am delighted that my daughter Rachael, who also works in the industry, for Sytner, will be with me. She knows how tough it's going to be - she did Everest Base Camp last year. Rachael said she experienced the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. I haven't been to a gym for over 10 years, so a 6 month training programme is called for. I started training Wednesday - the trainer says I need to train a lot! Think of us on September 17th, when we start our adventure."



DATED: 19.03.10

FEED: GG





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?